Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tuesday....

My day was not great but not terrible. I trained for my new position at work. Things were bumping along when the Hubbs called to say that out air conditioner was out and someone would be (hopefully)looking at it today. Then at 1:45 the daycare called to say the Boog had 101 fever under the arm which means 102. I was asked to pick him up right away. I couldn't leave so my mom AND dad went to get him. The director said that there was a little virus going around and a few teachers had strep throat...uh great. I got the baby an appointment for three pm and left to take him to the Dr. We have been battling the ickies for the last few weeks since he started daycare. Two weeks ago Thurs. he had fever and we stayed home treating it. It seemed to leave a cold behind but we went on to daycare. One week later, this past Thurs., he had the most horrible chest congestion. We finally went to the Dr. to see if there was an infection... nope just a cold. They told us to keep treating him as we had been and come in if he had fever again. Well today it happened and he now has a double ear infection and infected right tonsil. While at the Dr. his fever was 103. They gave him Motrin and a cup of water while we were there. We went home with an antibiotic and they will call if his strep test is positive. Now I need a babysitter for tomorrow! I am still at my parent's house dreading going home without air conditioning ... in AUGUST...in NOLA! I told the Hubbs to call when he gets home. If it's cool we'll go home...If not we'll stay here for the night....And on top of it all MY throat is getting scratchy...uh oh.

Here's to a better WEDNESDAY!!!!

2 comments:

dreamingkristin said...

Ok.. you can't go home and lett the poor little sweaty fevery bub in that house!!! Stay at your moms and let everyone get a good night sleep and recoup!! Poor baby!

Cindy said...

The little one is still as happy as a clam even with an ear infection!!! What a sweetie pie you have. I volunteer to keep him anytime he's sick - he's the best little thing ever. He will eventually build up his immunity and stop seeing the doctor every week - this always happens when they start school. Love you.