Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hello 2011... welcome to this life....

Well, I have meant to post every single day so far this year to properly ring in the New Year. I didn't. Soooo...

HELLO 2011!

Here's a little recap of the year so far.... the first 13 days of it.



12/31/10 -- We go to a New Year's eve party every year at a friend's house and try to help "blow up the world" (as the guys say) with as many fireworks as possible. Paxton and I were both pretty sick so we bailed at the last minute. Instead we went out to eat together just the three of us and then stopped by my parent's house to do some sparklers that P had gotten in his Christmas stocking. He loved the fireworks that the nighbors were shooting. I thought he'd be scared but every time he heard one he looked up in the air and said"BOOOOM!" We went home around 10:00 and P went to bed. Matt and I settled on the couch to watch the ball drop.... HA. I think I fell asleep instantly. The next thing I know the Hubbs is kissing me saying Happy New Year! WHAT?! How long ago? What time is it? He said "12:06".... you're kidding me right? He couldn't have woken me up 6 minutes earlier??? MEN! Happy New Year, my love.   I toddered off to bed....

here we are... all sick on New Year's eve....

1/1/11 -- We had New Year's dinner at my aunt's house. My whole family was in attendance. We had the tradional pork roast, black-eyed peas and cabbage. I've been eating that stuff every year my whole life and I don't think I've gotten any luckier or richer....
table decorated with old cloth calenders as a table cloth and for the napkins
We took rides in my dad's new dune buggy....guess he'll be in the parades this year....That night Matt and I went shopping for a bit and I got a new pair of UGGS and some super cute heels on sale and a new watch from Brookstone.... that I love!(It's DEUCE brand sportswatch - "The original glow") 


my watch...yeah I'm freckle-dy

Then we dropped the BOOG off with the GP's and headed to a movie. AHHHH! - a real date.....not enough of those these days. We saw Black Swan.... to die for by the way. I loved every second.... more on that later.
                                    



1/2/11-- I picked up some sweet friends Megan & Brent from the airport and had brunch with them. They were in town for the Sugar Bowl.We visited most of the afternoon. Then P and I crashed!!!
1/3/11--Matt's parents came in town for the Sugar Bowl festivites....
1/4/11--Matt and I went to Cooter Brown's for the BIG GAME.....SIGH. I remain strong.... WPS.

matt and me at Cooter Brown's for sugar bowl....


1/5/11--Spent the entire day with P at various doctor appointments.... he passed his hearing test!
1/6-1/10 = the daily grind....
1/11 - My kiddo got caught in the tunnel kissing a little girl at school for the first time... a true WEAVER.....so I've heard.

So, I had the great idea that I would actually stick to a resolution this year. I can't decide on one....I do have some things I want to do this year.....


1. loose weight/get my PCOS in order?
2. vacation with the Hubbs...
3. new iPhone
4. clean out all the JUNK I own
5. catch up on some movies and books
6. re-connect with old friends




What are your goals for the year?

No comments: